Re: [BKARTS] Help with History of American Printmakers

Dear Natalie,
I would check out some of the Wisconsin Printmakers. Try the book
Progressive Printmakers: Wisconsin Printmakers and the Print
Renaissance.
I like Warrington Colescot alot. Also, Walter Hamady's contributions to
Book Arts.
Also, research the WPA artists (Work Project Authority) of the 1940's
Roosevelt era.
Lots of great woodcuts and lithos.
Other names you could look for:
Rockwell Kent, Ben Shahn, Jim Dine, Donald Sultan, Stanley Hayter,
Gabor Peterdi (he wrote
a good book, too).

Welcome to the States.
Marc Cote