[BKARTS] a restoration question?

hey everyone,

i've had a friend contact me regarding a book that she wants
restored/repaired.  i haven't seen it yet, but from the way she talks
about it -- had it since she was too young to remember, it's in need of
repair, out of print and she can't find it anywhere -- i don't think it's
the kind of thing that is out of my league as an amateur bookbinder.

can anyone recommend someone to talk to in the SF bay area to get this
done?  i haven't seen it yet, as i said, and so i don't know what to
expect.  i'm going to contact the SF Center for the Book tomorrow.

any other ideas? thanks!

- kristen aka kbkbkbkbkbkbkbkbk