[BKARTS] Society of Bookbinders Competition 2005

Hi,

I am posting this message to let you know about the Society of Bookbinders
(a registered charity in the UK) International Competition which I help my
husband Stuart Brockman to organise.  The competition is taking place this
summer (2005) to coincide with the Society's Conference at Bath University
in August.

There are 4 categories which can be entered  Fine Binding,
Restored/Conserved Binding, The Complete Book (a section where the content
of the book is also judged and can be the work of more than one
craftsperson)) and cased bindings.

The estimated prize fund is approximately 5000 pounds sterling with two top
prizes of 1000 pounds(one for best binding by a Professional binder the
other an amateur or Non-Professional).  There are first and second prizes
available in all the above 4 categories along with prizes for forwarding,
finishing and highly commended prizes.  In 2003 there were 16 prize winning
binders - 7 of whom came from outside the UK.

Registration is required, for a form which includes all the rules and fees
payable please email us at <StuBrockman@xxxxxxx> and we can send you all
the relevant information. The registration deadline is March 7, 2005 with
bindings due June 1.

All bindings are exhibited at an exhibition at the Conference in Bath and
the winning bindings are then taken on a travelling exhibition around the
UK to include the Barbican Centre, London.

I hope you will find this competition of interest and hope those of you who
entered previously found it worthwhile and will consider entering again.

Very best wishes

Louise Brockman
<StuBrockman@xxxxxxx>

Peter D. Verheyen