From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter
D. Verheyen
Sent: 25 January 2005 11:24
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Scharff-fix blade leveling idea - measuring by eye

Not just for paring, though I REALLY liked your idea, but training the eye
to measure accurately and using feel to measure, especially in paring are
among the best and most important skills one can acquire, and will do
wonders for productivity as well. There's also sound in cutting and
boardshear use. Once you master it, you'll never go back - you can also use
it too annoy students who will go back and double or triple check.
measurements, or wonder how you knew their blade was dull, or they weren't
using the shear right - and all that without hovering over their shoulder.
;>

Peter

At 01:46 AM 1/25/2005, you wrote:
>Horses for courses, I suppose - I posted it in case there's someone
>else out there who would prefer not to do it by eye or by feel.
>
>Abi
>http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com
>- the email of the species is deadlier than the mail -

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Book Arts Web & Book_Arts-L Listserv <http://www.philobiblon.com> The
Bonefolder: an e-journal for the bookbinder and book artist
<http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>