Re: [BKARTS] Scharff-fix blade leveling idea

Dear Abi,

I do a similar thing, but use the roller as my flat edge (Nancy Bloch
showed me that it is much easier to gauge this when you look from the
backside of the blade/roller. I can get it perfectly level this way,
but the problem I've found is that some leathers stretch unevenly. This
causes periodic places where I do get faint lines separating the
passes. I haven't figured out a solution to this yet, so I end up using
a French paring knife to remove them.

If anyone has a solution to varying thicknesses caused by the leather
stretching differently in different parts, I'd love to hear about it.

Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery