[BKARTS] John Stevens at Cheerio

One or two spaces are now available at in John Stevens Brush workshop at
Cheerio. There is also space available in Monique's "Bookbinding Class."
Cost is very reasonable and the food is great! See the website for more
details.

CHEERIO/JOHN STEVENS

March 13-18, 2005 BRUSH+ROMAN II

Intro & continuation of the handling of the broad-edged brush from the
perspective of Roman Capitals & Minuscules. Following up on the
Brush+roman class I did in March 2004, we will begin with a brief review
of brush-handling and the caps. Next, we move into the minuscules that
are related to the caps. My belief that calligraphers need an integrated
capital, miniscule, & cursive "family" will be addressed this week and
during this week we will observe 3 themes: A. Brush & its influence on
letterform, B. brush as versatile tool, C. integration of seemingly
disparate sources. (Caps and Minuscules have different origins)

CHEERIO/BOOKBINDING

March 13-18, 2005. Monique Lallier. Bookbinding Class: discovery &
craftsmanship. In this week-long workshop participants will be immersed
in a overview / review of the major techniques and structures of
bookbinding presented by a highly experienced, world-renowned
bookbinder. This is a class for all levels of experience, whether you
are advanced or you are a beginner and willing to learn proper tools and
technique.

Cost: $545 for instruction, meals, lodging. Semi-private and private
rooms available ($625, $685). $100 Deposit. Info: Jim Teta, 5200 Bear
Creek Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27106. 336-924-5681 (H), 724-5475 (Studio).
tetascribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Online at www.calligraphycentre.com