Re: [BKARTS] Should I avoid this?

Let's assume it's toxic, then sanding would be the worst as you'd breath
the dust in and spread it around. Assuming the book hasn't been rebound in
the latter half of the last century, pretty much any adhesive used would be
water soluble. Make up some thickish paste or methylcellulose, brush on ,
let it soak in, put on gloves and scrape off. Discard... That would bind it
nasty stuff in.

My thoughts.

p.