Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 1 Feb 2005 to 2 Feb 2005 (#2005-33)

Date:    Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:01:38 -0500
From:    Don Rash <studior@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Should I avoid this?

"Peter D. Verheyen" wrote:

. Make up some thickish paste or methylcellulose, brush on ,
let it soak in, put on gloves and scrape off. Discard...

Just an addendum: having the textblock tight in a press while soaking off the old adhesive will minimize the possibility of tidelines.

Don Rash

Onve when without  methyl cellulose I used clear hair gel which has m
cellulose and quite an alcoholic perfumy smell. I worked miracles on some
very thick old animal glue. I covered the application with a piece of
plastic for about 3-4 minutes.

Test on something not too precious to try it out

Adrienne Allen