[BKARTS] oxidizing metal

I'm not sure if patinating is the same as oxidising, but I've been happy with
the results on both copper and brass when treated with vinegar and bleach,
dropped single onto the metal, then covered with plastic wrap and left in the
sun for a while.

Once the plastic wrap is in place, you can sort of 'squiddle it up a bit' before
placing in the sun, which achieves a 'broken up' effect.

Different results are achieved with a mixture of vinegar and ammonia.

NEVER EVER use ammonia and bleach together.

cecilia sharpley
http://www.cecilia-letteringart.com
http://www.duckpond-design.com.au/theduckpond

cecilia (sharpley)