[BKARTS] ]Painting on leather (Was BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Feb 2005 ...)

On the subject of painting on leather, can someone tell me how to remove
accidental paint spots on leather? I have to restore a leather-covered book
of prints, owned by an artist, that needs to be cleaned without ruining the
red goat leather. Some of the spots are oil paint or acrylic, others water
color.

If it's going to be  too big a job, I could leave the stains as part of the
book's history.

Betty

Hello, List!

Could someone suggest a resource for researching painting on leather (for
books, of course) as well as modeling leather onto books? I know where to
look to see pictures of it successfully accomplished, but don't know
where
to look for instructions and general info about...

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>