[BKARTS] Methylcellulose Brands

The Web site
< http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+9004-67-5 >
lists the following Synonyms and Identifiers for
Methy Cellulose. Chemical properties are also given,

The list is health and safety biased -- e.g. for use in
pharmaceuticals, laxatives, health & beauty aids,
foods, etc.

Consequently, the list doesn't include products such as
Klucel G a long-chain molecule used in conservation,
Clucel, Citrucel, Murocel, Walocel M, Yes adhesive
(a mixture), "All In One-- Wall Size & Wall Covering
Adhesive", CMC, Cellulone, Jinshi, Lineco Brand,
Supergel, and so on.

As was stated by others, manufacturers, such as Dow
should be contacted to determine their specific chemical
and physical properties.

Two sources quickly at hand would be Lineco brand,
at local art supply stores, or methycellulose wallpaper
paste at local hardware stores. I have no experience
with Lineco, but I believe that the wallpaper adhesive
is a rather short-chained since it has significantly less
tack than those I've purchased (Klucel G & unbranded)
from Talas in NYC.

Alan Shalette

==========================

ADULSIN