[BKARTS] BOOK CLOTH, NOT AGAIN!?!? and Jill Timm

    This subject comes up periodically in this group, like, every six
months or so.  I have tried many of the suggestions for making your own
bookcloth,
but I have found none so reliable as that of Jill Timm, whose posting I
reproduce below.  It produces beautiful bookcloth.  You need only:
1) a yard or so of your favorite fabric;
2)  A roll of heatnbond (I order online from JoAnn's fabrics)
3) Archival tissue (think Bodarts, Gaylord, etc.)

"I frequently make my own book cloth using regular fabric and an iron on
adhesive called "Heat n Bond", I buy it at JoAnn's fabric store. It is
located with all the interfacings. It works great and have used it on
many, many books. It comes in 2 weights, I find the "Lite" works best.
It is simple. Iron onto back of fabric, peel off backing paper, iron on
a light tissue paper, I use white wrapping tissue, and presto you have
book cloth. Glue does not go through because the adhesive is a solid
continuous layer. Iron temperature and general instructions come with
it."

    You can find wonderful cloth in the remainder bins of fabric stores,
tissue is cheap (I prefer archival tssue--- this stuff is for books,
after all.)
    You can make a yard of bookcloth for under $6.  In fact, I can't
stop.

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.