Date:    Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:13:58 GMT
From:    "sharongilbert@xxxxxxxx" <sharongilbert@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Sharon Gilbert's new work on view

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please check out the feature on my work in the webzine: www.ducts.org

HAND OVER HAND - THE ARTISTS BOOKS OF SHARON GILBERT
Text by Cindy Moore

My work is also in these current exhibitions:

WHAT THE BOOK?
Bard College Fisher Arts Center
Annandale-on-the Hudson, New York
2/2/05-2/26/05
Curated by Kerry Downey
Originally held at the Flux Factory located in Long Island City/ NYC
from 10/9/04-10/31/04. This installation aims to challenge mass
production and the mundane quality of the everyday coffee-table book.
The ambition of this show is to examine the idea of the book as
sculptural object, as narrative, as metaphor.
www.fluxfactory.org/projects/whatthebook/index.htm

PRESSING ISSUES
At the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C
3/31-4/5/05
Curated by Lynn Sures
Juried by Mark Dimunation, Chief, Rare Book & Special Collections
Division, Library of Congress and Neal Turtell, Executive Librarian,
National Gallery of Art, and presented in conjunction with the
Southern Graphics Council International Conference.

PAPER POLITICS
At the Phinney Center Gallery
Seattle, WA
4/1/05-4/29/05
Curated by Josh MacPhee for Seattle Print Arts
An exhibition of Socially Engaged Printmaking.

For further information, please contact me.

Sharon Gilbert