[BKARTS] bleached linen?

I've just had to shorten the hems on a couple of linen items for my
other volunteer gig (doing sword and buckler demos at the Higgins
Armory Museum) and now am thinking that this band of 5-inch wide
white linen would be useful for spine linings and hinging endpapers
and hinge reinforcements on the school library books. It's obviously
been bleached, but that shouldn't be a problem for a circulating
collection, should it? I have a similar, narrower band of blue linen
that I'd also like to put to good use: again, using it for a
circulating collection shouldn't be a problem, should it? I'd have to
watch for the dye running, but that should be the extent of my
worries, yes?

---Amy West