Re: [BKARTS] bleached linen?

  We have some pretty old books here in our special collections area, and
whether the joints and hinges are split or in tact is not dependant on the
material in use, I think, as in combinations of factors such as how well
the binding was done, whether the storage conditions were good or bad, and
how much and how carefully the book was used.   I don't think linen is more
fragile to cotton, but heavily bleached linen may well be more fragile than
natural linen just as a consequence of the bleaching process, perhaps?
 Dorothy Africa