[BKARTS] Lettering and Decoration on leather and bookcloth

I've lurked on this list a long time, but don't post very often.  I'm
a hobbyist bookbinder and have recently extended into doing
quarter-bound leather.  I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions
about how to get started adding decoration and lettering to leather
and bookcloth.  Suggestions on reference books, tools (and where to
get them), materials, tips, etc would all be helpful.

Thanks,
Jacob Cord