[BKARTS] I have a question

Thank you, Jack. mb
http://www.PictureTrail.com/sribbonpress
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack C. Thompson
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:38 AM
  Subject: Re: I have a question

  Mary Beth,

  Cooked wheat or rice starch paste would be best.

  There are many ways for this to go badly, so plan on making some
  practice efforts.

  If you can find a copy of Masako Koyano's book, _Japanese Scroll
  Paintings: A Handbook of Mounting Techniques_, F.A.I.C., Washington, D.C.,
  1979, read it over to help you understand the nature of the materials you
  plan to adhere to each other.

  Jack

  >First of all, thanks one and all for the suggestions for bookcloth. I have
  >looked into all of them.  I have another question....if I were to attach a
  >piece of paper to silk to make a scroll, what kind of glue would be best?
  >mary beth
  >http://www.PictureTrail.com/sribbonpress

  Thompson Conservation Lab.
  7549 N. Fenwick