From: "Carole Vanderhoof" <CaroleVanderhoof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:52 AM
Subject: gold leaf question

I am doing hand tooling on calf using egg white. I am having some trouble with the leaf flaking off. Now, I know that the problem could be anything from the glair being too dry to the tool being too hot, so I am trying to eliminate the causes. But first I'd like to know if I have the best gold leaf for the job...I don't really understand what I am buying... can someone tell me exactly what kind of gold leaf you get and who you buy it from? I don't mind the price if I can get good results. So what thickness, etc. should I be getting?

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>