Re: [BKARTS] Colleague in Santa Barbara to fix an embarrassing error

Octavia & Co. Press wrote:

Cutting notches into the spine, burying the cords in a "sewn" fashion,
and then applying PVA. Use paper to cover the cords and the spine, and
then let dry in a press. Apply the score lines to the cover, usually
about a centimetre from the spine of the book, so the cover opens
nicely, without applying pressure to the spine itself. I originally
discovered this mehtod online, and it works okay. We use a cover made
from 40# cardstock. The Spine itself doesn't need to be glued down, only
the bit that attaches the book to the cover...about a centimetre or so
from the spine itself.

I often use a variation of this. I wish I had done it this time. It
doesn't look as if there's anyone in Santa Barbara, so I told the client
to send it back and I will fix it here.

-- JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501-Cancun Q. Roo Mexico Cancun User's Guide 2005 http://www.lulu.com/jules

http://www.newsroom-l.net/blog