Re: [BKARTS] Colleague in Santa Barbara to fix an embarrassing error

i would suggest a coat of adhesive with a piece of crinoline or
nylon bobbynet burried in it with a second coat applied before
the first coat dries. After the second coat dries to the touch,
use a third coat to apply the cover.

MayKitten
--- Jules Siegel <siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there someone on the list in Santa Barbara who can fix
> this for me. I
> made a perfect-bound full color copy of Mad Laughter for a
> client.
> Evidently I did something wrong and -- horrible shame -- it
> fell apart
> on arrival.
>
> I guess the text block was too heavy for the simple PVA
> glueing method I
> used. It's worked just fine in the past. I am going to
> reinforce it with
> buried cords the next time I make one of these. I was trying
> to be too
> literally faithful to the concept of the trade paperback.
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could get in touch
> with me
> off-list about repairing the binding.
>
> --
> JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501-Cancun Q. Roo Mexico
> Cancun User's Guide 2005 http://www.lulu.com/jules
>
> Newsroom-l, news and issues for journalists
> http://www.newsroom-l.net/blog

=====
Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

From the book, Charge of the Goddess