Re: [BKARTS] Colleague in Santa Barbara to fix an embarrassing error

On Feb 21, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Silver MayKitten wrote:

i would suggest a coat of adhesive with a piece of crinoline or
nylon bobbynet burried in it with a second coat applied before
the first coat dries. After the second coat dries to the touch,
use a third coat to apply the cover.

MayKitten
--- Jules Siegel <siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess the text block was too heavy for the simple PVA
glueing method I
used. It's worked just fine in the past. I am going to
reinforce it with
buried cords the next time I make one of these. I was trying
to be too
literally faithful to the concept of the trade paperback.

******************************
It does not appear that anyone has suggested the "Double-Fan Adhesive"
technique --- where the pages are clamped and fanned in one direction
and adhesive applied, and then the same in the opposite direction. This
allows for a small amount of adhesive to get on the edge of each leaf
rather than relying on penetration between the leaves.
We also reinforce with a thread set into a small "dove-tail notch"
sawn-in.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695