Re: [BKARTS] inkjet printing on fabric

I happen to teach this in a class: There is a product called Bubble Jet Set
and Bubble Jet Set rinse. You can get it online or at some fabric stores and
it's inexpensive considering a capful goes a long way.

The premise is a small amount of Bubble Jet Set is mixed into water. Soak
the fabric you wish to print on in the solution. Let the fabric dry on a
cookie sheet in it's own drippings (so to speak) overnight.  When the fabric
is dry, iron it onto freezer paper, trim to 8.5" x 11" size and trim a
clean, squared leading edge to run through your inkjet printer. The freezer
paper gives the fabric the body needed to run through the inkjet without
jamming it up. This doesn't hurt your printer at all as long as the fabric
isn't too heavy. I run muslin weight fabric through all the time.

 You can treat fabric sheets ahead and store them in a plastic bag ready to
go when you want them. Time doesn't seem to be problematic.

 Once you've printed the fabric there is a specified time to let the ink
set. After that, rinse the fabric in the BJ Rinse to remove excess ink that
hasn't bonded. That's it.

It's extremely easy to do! Have fun -

Meredith Arnold Comedian Artist, Instructor and Designer

N.W. Polymer Clay Guild Advisor to the Board
Certified Precious Metal Clay instructor
Artist Representative for Polyform Products (www.sculpey.com)

Member of:
N.W. Polymer Clay Guild, (www.nwpcg.org)
Precious Metal Clay Guild,  (www.pmclay.com)
Seattle Center Book Arts Guild

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:58:58 -0800 From: Deb Dormody <ifnbooks@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: inkjet printing on fabric

If you don't feel like experimenting yourself, I know
that IO Labs in Providence has done some spectacular
work printing on fabric.
http://www.iolabsinc.com/textile.html

Though I haven't used them myself, I know they've done
projects for bookbinders before.
Good luck,
Deb