Re: [BKARTS] Color laser printing on fabric

Zangs does make a machine for testing fabric designs before
print rolls are made from computer files. A bit pricy at
? 300,000 each, and it needs a SCSI interface, but prints up to
72" The result is a print on calico that looks somewhat like it
was printed by graveure.

MaiKätzchen
--- Paul Gough <neprinter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There has been some discussion of inkjet printing on fabric,
> but nothing on using a color laser printer to print or
> transfer an image to fabric. I think a color laser would be
> better alternative than an inkjet because one would not face
> the potential problem of banding and the cost of the toner
> vs. inkjet inks would be significantly lower. Now that one
> can buy a color laser printer for as little as $400, I would
> think color laser printing on fabric would be financially
> feasible. Obviously there is a great difference between inks
> and toner and the method of transfer, so the question is: Is
> it technologically feasible? Has anyone tried this or know of
> resources that discuss using color laser printers for fabric
> or for fabric transfer.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Gough
> neprinter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx