Re: [BKARTS] why fold on the grain?

I think if you were to apply glue to the paper it will probably wrinkle and not lay flat. Somehow, magically, when the paper is folded with the grain, you can glue it and it will be flat. I'm sure there are many other reasons and scientific explanations that will soon surface on this listserv, but I thought I'd share that one. Oh, additionally, even if you aren't gluing anything to the paper, the fold will never really lay as flat as it would if you fold with the grain, and some people think that looks sloppy. But only those people with highly trained eyes. I personally think it's a bit rock and roll. Defy convention!