Re: [BKARTS] why fold on the grain?

I can think of several reasons to format the book "wrong" grain. And I'm not even smart.
But to do it only for your convenience is simply putting the horse before the cart.
Think about this: grain is not a fixed attribute. Can you imagine a situation where a stiffer opening is more desirable? If not you need to rethink what a book is.
And what ever happened to an adhesive free binding?
It is not that "wrong" grain generates "problems", it is simply that we fail to see those problems as the opportunities they are. Best, James

THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENTS HAVE BEEN SCANNED BY McAFEE ONLINE VIRUS SCAN.