Re: [BKARTS] how about folding 45 deg to the grain?

I should have been more clear in my question about folding at 45 deg --

I'm not making a box structure, but it's more like a ballooned up
envelope, ie, it's an envelop with some room in the middle for storage;
not sure if there's a technical term for that. So the envelope will be
opened and closed multiple times, and each of the 4 sides will unbend
and rebend each time the envelope is opened and closed.

So in a situation like that, what are the implications of choosing to
fold all 4 sides at 45 deg vs. 2 against/2 with the grain?

Shu-Ju ---------- http://www.fingerstothebone.com Updated 12.2004 Paintings, Drawings, Prints, Artist's Books