Re: [BKARTS] linen and cotton comments

Linen has very good tensile strength, which is not the same as folding
strength.  It's fibers are very much longer than those of 100% cotton.

Carol
Eugene, OR

On Saturday, February 26, 2005, at 01:13 PM, Patricia Grass wrote:

In all the classes I have taken and all the books I have read, I have
never
seen it recommended that we sew books together with cotton thread. If
cotton
fibers are less "breakable" than linen fibers why do we sew with linen
rather
than cotton. What characteristic of linen makes it better to sew with.
Patricia Grass

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>