From: "William Minter" <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: simple repair question

On Feb 27, 2005, at 12:22 AM, Charles Schermerhorn wrote:

Bookfinders.com and find a replacement that will be intact.
It will be much less expensive than a repair, you will have it sooner,
and
it will do the job.

From: "Laurel Zastrow" <laurel4corey@xxxxxxxxx>
The book has little monetary value (it was appraised
at $8), but lots of sentimental value as it belonged
to this young man's grandfather. .........

Charles, I respect a client's "sentimental value", and it doesn't matter if the book has any monetary value. If the client is willing to pay for my time, I am willing to do the work. I would suggest (without seeing the book, and as you have suggested) that a simple repair might be with Japanese paper and wheat paste. And the corners can be injected with a little paste and reshaped. Good Luck. Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020
Fax:   814-793-4045