[BKARTS] linen tapes: tensile strength vs. fold durability

Just because of my own sheer thickheadedness I'm going to rephrase my
question on why we use (or shouldn't use) linen tapes:

Given what has been said regarding linen's good tensile strength but
poor fold durability, do we use linen tapes because of linen's
tensile strength then? Is fold durability not a huge concern for
tapes because of how they are used in the structure? Should we not
use linen tapes because of fold durability issues?

And regarding Bill Minter's fold test of linen vs. cotton: were both
samples plainweave? And have you tested tapes for their fold
durability? Again, does fold durability really matter for tapes?

---Amy "Thickie" West