[BKARTS] summer conference

 Just a reminder about the Oregon Book Arts Guild's upcoming conference.
Several classes are close to full so get your registration in soon!  Contact
information is at the bottom!

 THE OREGON BOOK ARTS GUILD'S
Seventh Biennial Focus Conference
Saturday, June 18 through Tuesday, June 22, 2005
The Oregon Book Arts Guild's Seventh Biennial Focus Conference will be held
Saturday, June 18th through Tuesday, June 22.  We are very excited about the
variety of one- and two-day classes we offer.  We happily welcome back some
old friends as well as new talents to our conference:

Cheri Aldrich - Embellishment Extravaganza; Clasps, Closures & Cling-Ons
Doris Arndt - The Artistic Exploration Journal & The Woven Metal Book
Carol Barton - Ideas for Books:  Thinking in 3-D* Carousel Books*
Galen Berry - Paper & Fabric Marbling*
Colleen Cavin - De-mystifying Bench Skills
Dayle Doroshow - Dim Sum Clay Buffet; The Unfolding Pyramid; The Exotic
Hinged Box & Book*
Diane Downs - Mini Slide-Mount Books; Deck of Inspiration
Christine Eagon - Polaroid Transfers*
Patricia Edmonds - Beginning Book Repair
Lisa Englebrecht - Artists Backgrounds
Patricia Grass - Print-A-Book (computer)* Woodworking for Bookmakers*
Georgianna Greenwood - Intro to Calligraphy*
Dolores Guffey - Any & All Occasion Book; Unique Handmade Cards
Karen Hanmer - Paperback Rebinding*
Peggy Johnston - Piano-Hinge Distortions*
Susan Jones - Vegetable Book Art; Handmade Paper Pages; Handmade Paper
Covers
Patsy Moreland - Papermaking
Jocelyn Merchant - Metal Book Clasps
Jana Pullman - Nag Hammadi Binding; Limp Paper Binding
Doug Shafer - Tooling on Leather*
Dorothy Swendeman - Screen Printing
Jessica Spring - More Fun Than One
Consuelo Tolosa - Recycled Self-Book*
Jacqueline Wygant - Carnival Paste Papers
* two-day class

In addition to classes there will be evening programs & receptions.  There
will also be a trade show and the opportunity to purchase items from book
artists at the In Focus Gallery.
The conference will be moving to Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon.
A larger selection of classrooms means more class selections and the
addition of art rooms means some of those classes can even get messy!
On-campus housing and meal plans will be available.
For more conference or scholarship information, contact:
Laura Mitchell at  503-649-7601  or e-mail: lmitchell.99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oregonbookartsguild.org