[BKARTS] Shakerag Workshops

I am writing to you as a fellow artist who is interested in
Book arts and papermaking, since we have 2 special papermaking workshops as
well as a workshop in bookmaking coming up in June.
My name is Peggy Solomon, and I am an assistant with Shakerag Workshops,
which is held each year in June in Sewanee, Tennessee.   Workshops will be
held June 12-18 and June 19-25

Shakerag Workshops is a small workshop program, operating for only two weeks
in June, in which participants and faculty members live, eat, and work
together for a week on the Sewanee mountaintop. We emphasize good meals, and
we enjoy retreating from our ordinary worlds to focus on our art. Each
evening after dinner faculty members give slide/lectures, and our studios
are open through the evening so that participants can work, talk, and enjoy
one another's company. Our website,
<http://www.shakerag.org/>www.shakerag.org, has pictures of our
facilities and of our 2004 program, as well as more information about our
June 2005 workshops.

Enrollment in our classes is very limited, but we still have places left in
our paper and book classes (our limit is 15 participants in each class). The
cost of the week-long workshop is $550 which includes tuition and meals, and
housing costs vary from $125-$200 for the week June is a wonderful time for
an escape from the ordinary routine!

If this program is of interest to you, please contact Claire Reishman at
the contact information given below. Let her know if this program interests
you - we'd love to have you. For me,Shakerag Workshops in June is a great
treat to look forward to.

Peggy Solomon
Shakerag Workshops

Shakerag contact information: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or 931-968-0210, Extension
3165

Shakerag Workshops Studio Intensives, 2005:
June 12-17: Cynthia Bringle (wheel-throwing, clay), Jean Hicks (felting),
Jim Ann Howard (watercolor), Pradip Malde (digital photography, video),
Sandi Pierantozzi (hand-building, clay), Cynthia Thompson (papermaking),
Lynne Vogel (spinning, dyeing, knitting)
June 19-24: Wendy Erickson (digital arts, textiles), George Harkins
(watercolor), Helen Hiebert (papermaking, lighting), Nick Joerling (clay,
wheel-throwing), Emily Martin (book arts), Jeff Oestreich and Lana Wilson
(clay, hand-building and wheel-throwing)

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>