Re: [BKARTS] "bookish" places in Italy???

At 02:41 PM 4/4/2005, Virginia Turbull wrote:
I'll be spending the month of May in Italy.   I'd love suggestions for
places to visit, etc., that would be of interest to a bookbinder and marbler.
    Thanks so much!

Though I've never been to Italy, I've always been intrigued by Alessandro Zanella's Edizioni Ampersand. Maybe because he once had a really great photo of his mosaic-tiled street number on his website, or maybe because I really like ampersands. I have to admit I've never seen his work in person. Alessandro's website appears to be under construction currently ("sito in ricafamento," it says), but it's still a beautiful page to visit:

http://www.ampersandpress.it

You'll also find a bit more about Ampersand at Gabriel Rummonds' website on handpress printers:

http://www.letterspace.com/handpress/printers.htm#Handpress%20printers

Alessando's is the last listing in the column of "Handpress Printers and
their Work."

Have an excellent time,
John

Convivio Bookworks