From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John Cutrone
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 1:07 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] "bookish" places in Italy???

At 02:41 PM 4/4/2005, Virginia Turbull wrote:
>I'll be spending the month of May in Italy.   I'd love suggestions for
>places to visit, etc., that would be of interest to a bookbinder and
marbler.
>     Thanks so much!

Though I've never been to Italy, I've always been intrigued by
Alessandro Zanella's Edizioni Ampersand. Maybe because he once had a
really great photo of his mosaic-tiled street number on his website, or
maybe because I really like ampersands. I have to admit I've never seen
his work in person. Alessandro's website appears to be under
construction currently ("sito in ricafamento," it says), but it's still
a beautiful page to visit:

http://www.ampersandpress.it

You'll also find a bit more about Ampersand at Gabriel Rummonds' website
on handpress printers:

http://www.letterspace.com/handpress/printers.htm#Handpress%20printers

Alessando's is the last listing in the column of "Handpress Printers and
their Work."

Have an excellent time,
John

Convivio Bookworks