[BKARTS] My Mentor

The master who taught me bookbinding passed away on Good Friday.  He was a quiet perfectionist with the most incredible manual dexterity. I spent most of my time with him in his early 80's.  Now he is gone.  His daughter wrote a little about him here:

 http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/death-with-dignity.htm

I just thought I'd share because he was incredibly humble and not at all known outside of our little community. He apprenticed in Stuttgart in the early 1930's, and left Germany before WWII because he was a conscientious objector. I'll miss him.

Carole Vanderhoof
Lonely Pine Bindery