Re: [BKARTS] Incantations by Mayan Women: Web Site

Taller Leñateros has a web site with mucho information, a photo tour, & so
on:

        http://www.artistbooks.com/taller/tallerintro.html

        http://www.artistbooks.com/taller/tallerphoto.html

        http://www.artistbooks.com/taller/tallerbooks.html  [this is Ed Hutchins's
article]

Ambar Past, if you don't know her, has worked with native artisans & artists
in San Cristóbal for the past 30 years:

"Taller Leñateros is a cultural society, an alliance of Mayan and mestizo
women and men, founded in 1975 by the Mexican poet Ambar Past."

We were fortunate enough to have Ambar speak here in San Diego last fall;
I have a few *very poor* pix of some books & crafts she brought then, but I
think others here took far better photos -- I will ask the SanDiegoBookArts
folks if someone would be willing to post their pix here for others to
enjoy.

I also do not have at hand the info on how to contact Ambar -- but Ed H.
&/or others probably do.

Sibyl