Re: [BKARTS] Question Re: PARCHMENT MAKING WITH JESSE MEYER -

In a message dated 4/11/2005 11:36:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jennybean@xxxxxxx writes:

Can  anyone describe, um, the smell of this? I should probably just
ask Jesse,  but he is used to it :-)
I know that is a kind of odd question. I'm not a  squeamish person, by
any means, but I am scent sensitive and get migraines,  and that is a
consideration for me when I am thinking about taking classes  like
this.

>PARCHMENT MAKING WITH JESSE  MEYER

Thanks for any opinions you can offer  me!
-Jenny

When I made parchment, I found the visuals and the feel of the skin much
more disturbing than the scent. Carrying a vial of strongly scented oil  such as
lavendar or rosemary to sniff in an emergency might help you.  I am  a person
who even retches at the smell of old milk so I understand your  concern! The
discomfort, however, is definitely worth the experience!  (And Jesse is great
too!)

Sybil

Sybil  Archibald

_www.manuscriptarts.net/sybil.htm_ (http://www.manuscriptarts.net/sybil.htm)