Re: [BKARTS] bookcloth / Ikegami

In the Asian art conservation labs I've toured, the karibari are all
covered with remnants/skinnings of previous backings.  They're not
really seen as being much of a problem.  There's really no need to clean
the whole board of paste residue every time.  The paste will be very
minimal. Also, the 'thick paste' margin mentioned in section 24 only
needs to be a half inch or so to provide the necessary grip for tension
while drying.  The paper tab 3/4- just big enough to slip a narrow
spatula into the margin to facillitate release.  What is thick paste?
Well, in my opinion it's thinner than mayonnaise- just starting to run
when your paste bowl is tipped.

-Doug Sanders