From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Beddall Bookbinding
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:39 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Making brass gouges

Does anyone have any links for websites on how to bend brass for gouges?
I need  2 inches of a semi circle with a radius of almost 10 inches so I
thought I would try to fabricate it. In case there's an easier way what
I am trying to gold stamp is the Canadian Anglican symbol on some
missals. The cross on the one I repairing is made up of nearly identical
arcs although nowadays it seems to be like this: See
http://abcpublishing.com/books/covers/0919891276_lg.jpg
Thanks
Dave

_____
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria BC CANADA V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
~ Emo Phillips

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>