[BKARTS] Origin of word

Dear Book Arts People,

My students and I are having a discussion about the origin of the word
Bostrophedon
( as the ox plows).  This is the continuous  method of folding a number
of pages from
one sheet of paper.  I've found both Greek and German credits for the
term and
wonder what the consensus might be?  Appreciate any help on this
subject. Thanks.

Joan Michaels Paque
JMP Atelier

www.joanmichaels.paque.com