Re: [BKARTS] messages to Book Arts-L from museum-security.org (or: DOCTOR Paulshowing muscle)

    I have TWO doctoral degrees (PhD (1963), DSc (1980), University of Edinburgh),
but I don't find it necessary to brandish them to lend authority my arguments. The
statement of Cremers, "Instead of information about your level of education I
really would have preferred an explanation," is a very reasonable request.
Isn't the argument from authority an age old and highly discredited rhetorical
device?
Jet Foncannon

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

 The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels
to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel from the front
window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.