[BKARTS] German Primary Headband and a Correction

Thank you Juliayn for reminding us of Les Tranchefiles Brodeés, a fascinating, useful, and yes, sometimes daunting handbook.
The models cited (no. 24 in particular, the Grecque et Royale models much less so) do resemble the wrap and bead pattern of Laura Young's German endband; however this is a secondary sewing in colored silk, without intermediate tiedowns, over a primary sewn linen endband.
Is this is a direct ancestor of the German endband? It may seem likely but I know of no evidence either way.
I wish to point out my earlier careless misspelling of Paul Adam's name. For those interested his Der Bucheinband: Seine Technik und Seine Geschichte, first published in 1890, is a classic of world bookbinding literature. Best, James

THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENTS HAVE BEEN SCANNED BY McAFEE ONLINE VIRUS SCAN.