From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jack C. Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:22 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: security/postings

It is probably not well-known around the world, but in Portland, Oregon,
USA, at Reed College, it is not uncommon for students to spend the night
locked in the library (did I just reveal a secret...?) conducting
research.

To date, they have not destroyed the library.

Jack

>These are very interesting to us: there are plans to allow all students
>and faculty in to use the library 24/7 - when there are no staff
>at all, just with key access.  This is 400 students and 200 faculty.
>Any news about vandalism, breaking and entering, destruction by
>accidental fires etc. are of great interest.  We'd also like to hear
>if anyone has experience in opening the doors when no staff are
>around...
>Thanks.
>TL Herbert

Teri L Herbert <herbertl@xxxxxxxx>