[BKARTS] Flattening paper from rolls

Hello,

A question from a novice:  In what seemed a fantastic bargain, I recently purchased an enormous roll of Arches paper and a roll of some Ingres sheets to use for text blocks.  However, I didn't count on the curl, which I can't seem to press out to matter what I do.  In the past I've managed to flatten curled paper by lightly spraying or sponging it with water and then pressing it between wax paper and boards until it's dry.  I'm hesitant to do that with the Ingres, though, because I'm afraid it will wreck the texture, and it's also an awful lot of work.  Can anyone recommend a better method?

Thanks much,
Cara