Re: [BKARTS] Storing Books

On Apr 21, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Kevin Thomas wrote:

I'm making editioned artist books and I'm curious about the best way to
store my inventory of books. I've been storing them in your everyday
plastic
Rubbermaid storage boxes from Target. Is that okay? Or is the plastic
dangerous for my acid free books?
******************************
Some plastics will give off gases that could be harmful to your books
in the long run.
Get some acid-free boxes from the various conservation suppliers. They
even have acid-free, corrugated Record Storage Cartons (also known as
"Banker Box"), with a removable lid. These boxes are shipped flat.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020