Re: [BKARTS] artists' books for visually impaired

Hi Emily,
Your student should check in with the Braille Institute.  I taught a few
classes at the LA one some years back, it was highly hilarious, and they
produced some very intriguing books to say the least.  Most Institutes have
an arts and crafts department, and besides making books, they throw clay and
do glass blowing...
Charlene Matthews

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emily Martin" <emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx> To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:10 AM Subject: artists' books for visually impaired

I have received a request from a student for any information about
artists' books for the visually impaired. I have nothing on this and
wondered if anyone could help out.
Sincerelt,
Emily Martin

Emily Martin
The Naughty Dog Press
742 7th Avenue South
Iowa City, IA 52240 USA
319 338-7266 319 338-5741 (fax)
http://www.emilymartin.com
emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx
The University of Iowa Center for the Book
emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>