Re: [BKARTS] Subject: artists' books for visually impaired

Suellen Glashausser made two books in the early eighties out of doilies.
They contained many pinprick perforations in no particular pattern. They
were not Braille, but they were a proto-Braille. A kind of Braille
language poetry, a Braille Dada. They can be seen and felt (without
gloves) at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Special
Collections and University Archives.

Michael Joseph
Visiting Associate Professor
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901