[BKARTS] symposium with date!

I apologize for the bad job of cutting and pasting.

May 14th at the Boston Athenaeum
9 a.m. ­ 4:45 p.m.
Registration begins at 8:15
Lunch provided
$50 per person, $40 for alumni (send a check to North Bennet Street School, 39 North Bennet Street, Boston, MA 02113)
To pay by credit card, call Penny Skalnik at 617-227-0155, ext. 108
Please reply by May 10

Please join us for North Bennet Street School?s first symposium exploring the extraordinary value craft has played, and continues to play, in the evolution of material culture. We will seek to explore past and current developments in crafts supported by North Bennet Street School, while looking to future advances. By bringing together individuals pursuing excellence within different contexts, we will explore a broad and useful discussion of the potential that handcraft has always represented.

Topics to be covered include bookbinding, furniture making and design, jewelry making, and violin making. Participants to date include:
Barbara Adams Hebard (Bookbinding 1990) Book Conservator, Boston Athenaeum
Mark Andersson (Bookbinding 1992) Instructor, North Bennet Street School
Roman Barnas, Violin Instructor, North Bennet Street School
Ruther Rogers
Jock Gifford (Cabinet & Furniture Making 2001, Jewelry Making & Repair 1997)
Miguel Gomez-Ibañez (Cabinet & Furniture Making 1999)
Kimo Griggs, North Bennet Street School Board of Directors
Isaiah Jackson, North Bennet Street School Board of Directors, Music Director, Pro Arte Orchestra
James Reid-Cunningham (Bookbinding 1990), Chief Conservator, Boston Athenaeum
Cynthia Stone, Executive Director

Mark Andersson
Department Head, Bookbinding
North Bennet Street School