Re: [BKARTS] dying alum tawed goatskin

Don,

I use an air brush to dye cloth and leather, but that would probably
not be durable enough for a desk blotter.  I wonder if mixing a tint
into a wax would work.  You wouldn't need much color to tone down your
surface, and it might be easier to get an even surface.  No technique I
have tried has ever given me a nice even surface, not streaky, and so
that is why I bought the airbrush.

Carol
Eugene, OR