[BKARTS] "Collected Stories"

One of my favorite plays is Donald Margulies’ “Collected Stories” in which a
grad school student assists a much admired literature professor with whom she
forms a close relationship and learns a great deal about writing. The
professor tells her about her relationship with a legendary poet of the 60s, about
whom she's never written.

You guessed it. The grad student writes the story, which becomes a best
seller, and we see her at a reading at New York's 92nd Street Y, a rather
respectable honor for authors.   Act Three is the confrontation about who "owns" the
story. It is an ethical dilemma which makes for fine drama and gives one much to
consider.

Alice
A L I C E * S I M P S O N
D A N C E M A R A T H O N