From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
jparsons
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 6:12 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Medieval books question

Hello everyone,

I am a bookbinding student, and will be making a girdle book for my next
project. However, instead of
using leatheras the tail, I am planning on using a chain of some sort. I've
seen some medieval bibles
having a chain attached, so they could be chained to the altar or lecturn.
I'm
hoping to construct
something along those lines.

I'm still looking this up online, but was wondering if anyone had any
thoughts
as to attaching the chain
to my book. I plan to bind it in leather.

If you have any links you could direct me to, that would be great as well.

Thanks!
Jill Parsons

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>